- Stay as calm as possible, stop and secure the accident site.
- Provide first aid to any injured parties and immediately notify the emergency services.
- Determine the facts as accurately as possible. To this end, fill in a European accident report form if one is available. If you don't have a European accident report form, you should note the names and addresses of the persons involved, as well as their licence numbers, insurance companies and policy numbers, and the details of any witnesses.
- It is important that the accident report is signed by all parties. However, you should not sign any document that you do not understand.
- As with any traffic accident, you should try and take photos (accident site and damage) and make a note of any eyewitnesses. You should also note the policy number of the other party (Section 4) and the insurance company (Section 10 on the 'green card').
- If people have been injured, you must inform the local police.
- It is also advisable to keep all receipts for expenses that arise in connection with the accident (taxis, telephone, medical expenses and prescription charges).
- Inform us as soon as possible. Tel. 00800 24 800 800 or call +41 58 285 28 28 from abroad.
| || |